Monday, February 14, 2011

[INTERVIEW] FT Island Interview in Epop Issue 297, 2011.02.11

When recording for the song ( Chinese Version ), is there any parts that were difficult for you??
HK : When I first took the chinese lyrics, I couldn't understand all of it!! At the end, I found out the meaning of the lyrics through translation, and I could understnad the meaning behind the lyrics, and also sing out the feelings of the songs. It gave me a really deep impression, so until now I could still remember a third of the chinese lyrics.

FT Island had released their third EP in Japan and also had good results, does FT Island have any plannings for the future??
HK : No matter where we are, we still think that hardworking is the most important aspect of all. So we will continue to do better in every aspect, including learning different languages. In fact, we have secretly split parts of who should learn which language, and for me is English, SeungHyun is Chinese, JaeJin is Japanese, Jonghun is Thai, and Minhwan is Korean! Haha! But we were just goofing around, we didn't really ended up learning, so I guess we shall just learn it all together!

Last year at the Golden Disk Award, FT Island won the "International Rocker Award", what is FT Island's feeling??
HK : When we went up the stage to receive the award, my award speech is to rock all my life! I hope that in the future we could sing rock songs more better, and of course work together with those who love rock too.

Between the FT Island members, who is the one who always talk nonsense after he's drunk??
FT Island : Hongki Hyung!
HK : If I drink when I'm in a bad mood, I'll end up crying if I'm drunk. If I drink when I'm in a good mood, I wiill talk loudly after I'm drunk. And I will keep talking and talking and talking.....

In Korea now, "Beastly" is the trend now, as a band, did FT Island have the thought to perform the beastly side of them??
HK : In Korea now they have a lot of new verbs, like "Flower boy", "perfect man"
etc. Previously, we were called the Flower Boy Band. Although we will go to the gym and work out constantly, it's not because of we're planning to show off our bodies. The main point of us working out is to have a healthier body. I think if we are singing rock songs, we will perform in a rock style ; if a cute song then we will go for the cute performance ; a sad song with a sad performance, we wouldn't constrain ourself to one genre only.

FT Island love replying to one another on "Twitter", is there any interesting stuff that had happened to you before??
HK : When I first sign up to twitter, I didn't really know how to use it. There's one time I tweeted Hee Chul and tell him where to meet up. After I tweet, Hee Chul immediately called me and asked me to remove my tweet. Only then I realized the public could read my tweets! End up at the appointed time, there are a lot of fans waiting there before us!

HongKi recently ask his fans to donate money in the Internet to the kids to build a library, what made you want to do this activity??
HK : I think helping people is a good thing, so I asked the fans to do this good deed together, and I'm also very grateful to our company to help us arrange such a meaningful activity. It's usually cold in the end of the year, so I would like to do something that would bring warmth to people's heart, and also to help those in need.

Minhwan has just turned 19, is there any birthday wishes?
MH : In korean, the real age of mine is 20. So I hope that in the age of 20, I can challenge myself with more things, and also hope that the things I wanted to do can be fulfilled.

HK : MinHwan, Jaejin, and Seunghyun is getting ready to get their driving license. So them three is in the same stage now, waiting to get their license. I think the wishes is to take their driving license as fast as possible!

What is FT Island's wishes for the year 2011??
HK : I hope that every member have more chance to develop, and as a whole team we could be better too! I think we're like chameleon, everyone has their own traits and talents, and if we add them up together, the team would be a better one, a more unique one and of course, a more perfect one.

JH : I think health is the most important of all, so I hope everyone would stay healthy always.

-End of interview-

Credit:e-pop magazine n Primadonnas' Island Yewonnie
Translation: sotseine@happy_island

Well, they're allow to drink.
so, it's ok, Prims.
N... Hongki quite stupid when he was first time us twitter.
LOL

Please leave comment.here is the tutorial:
1. click Post a Comment above the post.
2. choose the identity Name/URL
3. type the name (ex: Yewonnie) n type the url (ex: twitter.com/Yewonnie)
4. publish your comment

it is easy, right?so, please leave ur comment!!^^

 
 

Followers

My Update